The Spider's Loom Advantage
| Services |
Contact Us |
Why the Web? |
As a businessperson, you need to choose carefully when
outsourcing for services; these days, everyone seems to be an instant
"expert" in web and Internet technologies & applications. Spider's
Loom offers you the one thing its competition cannot: experience. You
can see the full resume of Brian Lev, Spider's Loom Principal/Owner, by
clicking here or read the rest of this page
for some other excellent reasons why Spider's Loom is your best choice.
Experience with the Internet environment
Unlike many individuals and companies now offering web authoring and
management services, we have been working on the Internet since the
"covered wagon days" of the original ARPAnet. We know where the
Internet has been and thus have a solid basis to see where it is going
its capabilities, its reach, and (most importantly for your business)
who is using it and how they are using it!
- We are familiar with the capabilities and vagaries of the Internet,
and know what to expect and how to handle it!
- We are familiar with "hidden bonuses" on the Internet
little-known resources and valuable connections that
less-experienced companies are struggling to find.
- We have been around the 'net long enough to know what not to do
see our list of mistakes we don't make
to learn more.
Experience with the World Wide Web
Spider's Loom staff has the experience with the programming techniques and
applications necessary to truly take advantage of the World Wide Web.
- Spider's Loom staff has been employed as webmasters and is familiar
with what goes into creating, maintaining, and managing a web site.
- We have the experience and knowledge to create web pages that look
good and work for you regardless of which web browser your clients use.
Experience with Business Computing
Spider's Loom staff have over a decade of experience with business-oriented
computing that ranges from single-computer installations to regional networks.
- We have experience with analyzing and reporting on integration of
Internet technologies into daily business operations.
- Spider's Loom has extensive experience with applying basic business
practices to the somtimes unruly art of web site creation & maintenance.
- We make a point of discussing your requirements and desires with you
before deciding on a particular approach or design to ensure that
your web site seamlessly complements your existing business practices and
Experience with User Interfaces
Spider's Loom staff has over a decade of experience in designing user
interfaces for Internet-based applications, and has a solid understanding of
how to present information in an electronic medium.
- Spider's Loom staff was designing and implementing user help and
networking systems in the 1980s, before the advent of the web or its
predecessors (e.g., Gopher, WAIS, etc.)
- We have experience in working with users in government, industry,
and the sciences to design systems with both the required functionality
and the desired "look and feel".
Experience in Presentation and Education
Unlike many web design firms, Spider's Loom has experience in presenting
information directly to a variety of audiences in different settings.
- We have experience in creating web-based business business & sales
presentations for trade shows and meetings.
- Spider's Loom staff have experience as classroom teachers, corporate
trainers, and guest lecturers at symposia.
Not A "Cybermall"
Unlike a growing number of web sites, Spider's Loom is not an on-line
shopping mall with dozens (perhaps hundreds) of nearly identical pages for
- Every job undertaken by Spider's Loom be it a single page or a
large-scale web site is custom-designed for each client.
- Each client's pages feature custom-made graphics and/or graphics
provided by the client; public domain images are used only minimally,
guaranteeing a custom look.
- The primary purpose of every Spider's Loom web site is to advertise
and represent your business, not ours!
Independence from Specific Internet Service Providers (ISPs)
Unlike many other web design & management companies, Spider's Loom is
an independent entity.
- You have complete freedom in choosing the ISP that will provide you
with a level of service and cost you determine.
- We have no bias or "hidden agenda" when dealing with your ISP
and/or other Internet entities
- We are not distracted from our contractual work by miscellaneous
activities (e.g., rebooting servers, monitoring network traffic, arguing
with the phone company over line speeds, etc.)
- You can choose to deal with your ISP on your own or have Spider's
Loom serve as your representative; you determine the arrangement
that best suits your needs.